Child Safe Blinds
Loops in pull cords, chains, tapes and inner cords that operate window blinds can pose a danger to children. To avoid strangulation and entanglement, keep cords out of the reach of young children. Cords may become wrapped around a child’s neck. Keep beds, cots and furniture away from window blind cords.
Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist and create a loop.
Wyatt’s Tracks and Blinds recommends the following blinds be installed in areas where small children may be present since they contain no loose cords or loops.
– “one touch” remote controlled roller blinds
– Perfect Fit® roller, pleated or venetian blinds
– Vertical blinds with wand control
– Panel blinds with wand control
Blinds that use operating cords or chain should be installed with appropriate safety devices
– Vertical: cord tidy on operating cords
– Roller: cord tidy or Easybreak® on operating cords
– Roman: cord tidy or Easybreak® on operating cords
– Pleated: cord safety tassel on operating cords
– Cellular: cord safety tassel on operating cords
– Panel: cord tidy on operating cords
– Vision: cord tidy on operating cords
All Wyatt’s Tracks and Blinds operating systems are compliant to EN13120.